CapitolKSTA has a full-time lobbyist.  The KSTA Board and Executive Committee members are in contact with the lobbyist regularly.

If you want to get involved in other ways, see the information below.


1.      Meet with your legislator.

          A.      What if I do not know who my legislator is?
                   Go to: http://www.kslegislature.org

You can find a link on the left side of the page called "Find Your Legislator."  If you don't know your legislator's name, you can search for them using a map.  This option is available under the Legislators tab at the top of the page.

Once you find your legislator, click on the legislator’s name and you will be taken to a screen that includes both the District and the State offices for the legislator. When you contact the legislator’s office, the staff will let you know when the legislator will be in each office and you can schedule a meeting with the legislator.  Legislators love to meet their constituents.  You can offer to help the legislator with any KSTA/trooper-related issues.

          B.      To find the full text of bills, as well as to find the Current Status of bills, go to: http://www.kslegislature.org

2.      Watch your e-mail for current legislative updates as they are sent out throughout the session.

3.      Send a Letter to your legislator on issues as needed.          

4.      Contact the KSTA office (785-234-4488) if you have questions or concerns about KSTA Issues and current legislation. 

Kansas State Troopers Association Political Action Committee 

The Kansas State Troopers Association Political Action Committee provides support to candidates for state and local office who support the issues that further the interest of the Kansas State Troopers Association, the citizens of the State of Kansas, and their safety and welfare.  Donations can be made to the KSTA PAC.